The Industry Business Development Manager, Microbiology Methods will establish and execute field sales strategies that support the revenue targets and growth objective, marketing initiatives, and strategic plans of the company. This is accomplished by leading the Healthcare and Food, Industrial Microbiology market specific segments and designated strategic product lines within these segments to meet or exceed revenue targets.
The job directly affects short and long term sales and strategic objectives. These objectives would include sales, support, positioning and leadership with the Account Managers to accelerate sales cycles and increase knowledge within the assigned segments.
- Provide professional leadership in planning, organizing and controlling balanced Sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction in order to achieve yearly budget
- Develop account managers through field travel/joint sales/ coaching mentoring to expand knowledge and insights in the market segments
- Understand market trends, key investment drivers, customer challenges, and customer journey. Identify the key competitors, players, and their supply chains .
- In collaboration with the commercial team, understand the regulatory context in Canada to better anticipate customers’ needs.
- University degree in Business or Science
- 3-5 years Account Manager sales experience with a proven track record
- Bilinguism (French and English) Mandatory
- Experience in commercial sterility or sterile pharmaceutical environment is preferred, not required
- Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success in complex projects (i.e: multi-instruments involving several stakeholders)
- Understanding of the sales process and sales analysis.
- Very good organization, people, and communication skills
- Excellent presenting skills to all levels of decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple opportunities and accounts across Canada
- Strong capacity to influence or Ability to work with & influence people without formal authority
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): pipeline growth, reduction of the sales cycles and expanding network outside the laboratory – measured through CRM 360