The Customer and Technical Service Director reports directly to the General Manager. He or she will be responsible for the overall operation of the Department including the achievement of revenue and operating cost objectives, providing motivational leadership and direction to the Helpdesk, the Field Service Engineer and in doted-line to the Field Application Specialists continuing to seek means of improving service that is provided ensuring that customer expectations are exceeded, continuing to seek means of improving operational methodology, ensuring ISO re-certification is obtained.
The major challenge for this position:
- Build a high quality team of field service engineers and helpdesk team that will promote the service image, reputation and customer satisfaction necessary to support sales goals and objectives.
- Overcome the obstacle of remote employee management over a very large and complex territory – Canada.
- Acquire knowledge of highly specialized products.
- Ensure that ‘proper’ resources are available and trained to support all customers at all times (this includes after-hours coverage and during peak vacation periods).
- Assists in the implementation and the continual re-certification of the ISO Quality System
- A university degree or college diploma with a minimum of 5 years of field service team management.
- Knowledge of Canadian Health Care systems. Hospital laboratory (an asset)
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practicle experience in personnel development and leadership.
- Excellent Communication skills (fluent in French and English)
- Customer oriented (Internal and External)
- Negotiation/sales skills
- Teamwork oriented
- Must be willing to travel