Will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and coaching for the field based Market Access & Government Relations team to position the company as an innovative and creative partner to payers, government, patient associations, key opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders. This individual will be responsible to execute strategies that obtain and improve reimbursement of the company’s portfolio in Canada and to develop and lead the team’s strategic relationships with key stakeholders. You will also lead the development and execution of integrated advocacy and policy strategies to support and optimize the overall market access strategies for key therapeutic areas and growth brands.
The incumbent will ensure that field based direct reports work collaboratively with the internal market access team and regional commercial team to optimize reimbursement conditions and to maximize pull through strategies, and will monitor the environment, regulations and policies in the regions and proactively communicates risks/opportunities and strategic recommendations to the business in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership ability
- Strategic and innovative thinker who can also work at the tactical level for implementation
- Good negotiation skills and strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to resolve complex problems with tact and diplomacy
- Strong at building and maintaining relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively translate clinical evidence to a scientific value proposition to address the unmet needs of the payer.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Science; strong understanding of science is an asset.
- Bilingual French / English
- Solid background / experience (+5 years) in market access, and government relations
- Strong understanding of market access issues for each Canadian provinces