Our client, a growing specialty pharmaceutical company with infrastructures for R&D, manufacturing, distribution, and marketing. Their vast portfolio are distributed to retail pharmacies, hospitals and clinics. Their products are also exported to several countries.
The Production Director reports directly to the Vice-President of Operations. In this role you will coordinate the execution of production schedules against sales forecast and plant capacity. You will be responsible for compliance against applicable cGMP’s, regulatory requirements and company SOP’s. Delegation and direction to employees while coordinating defined responsibilities is a critical part of this role.
You will also be responsible for managing the Production, Validation and Maintenance personnel, the equipment and raw materials involved in the production of pharmaceuticals and cosmeceuticals products.
- Exercises control and direction over production plans, schedules, manufacturing processes and procedures, work instructions and employee training.
- Ensures that the department meets all targets or product realization processes and the final product compliance with customer’s needs and expectations.
- Complies with the requirements of GMP, Health and Safety and company rules and guidelines.
- Verifies process performance by establishing and maintaining KPIs. Measures, analyzes and implements product improvements in quality, cost and delivery.
- Ensures production efficiency is maintained at the highest possible level without sacrificing safety, quality and cost standards.
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance program
- Science (Chemistry) or Engineering
- 5-10 years of Production experience in a supervisory capacity
- Strong background in a pharmaceutical environment, especially in semi-solid preparations
- Mechanical/technical aptitude with machinery
- Experience in Manufacturing Process, Equipment and Building Validation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English