A leading global medical technology company that makes and sells medical devices, instrumented systems and reagents, is dedicated to improving people’s health throughout the world. Our client is focused on improving drug therapy, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing different diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs. The Company’s capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world’s most pressing diseases. The Company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, industry and the general public.
The Clinical Specialist is a resource for the execution of the Medical and Procedural Systems value-added clinical business strategy. The role implements clinical programs and initiatives that differentiate Medical and Procedural Systems’ product portfolio based on improved clinical outcomes and process enhancements which may result in a lower cost-in-use. The expertise and credentials of the Clinical Specialist enhances the credibility of recommendations to customers and strengthens Medical and Procedural System customer service and support. This support to customers is achieved through recommending best practice, conversion management and facilitating education and training. The Clinical Specialist actively engages in conversion management of all Medical and Procedural System products. The Clinical Specialist reports directly to the Clinical Services Manager.
As directed by the Clinical Services Manager, the Clinical Specialist role will be focused on, but not exclusively limited to, the activities outlined below:
- Provides updates monthly to the Clinical Services Manager on regional training activities and support provided in region (CE courses, Signature Solutions Assessments, Gap analysis audits, etc.) per activities delineated as a part of their compensation plan. The Clinical Specialist variable compensation plan is activity based
- Conducts customer training classes in support of retention for key customers or in support of Signature Solutions initiatives
- Participates in the development of tools for the advancement of the clinical skills of the selling organization (ie: Clinical Newsletter).
- Provides clinical support training for regional team members as needed
- Works in concert with the regional sales team and the national conversion manager to ensure the conversion management process is effective throughout the timeline of validation to post-conversion
- Supports the identification and development of KOL network (regional and/or national)
- Travels 40 -50% (required) to meet the expectations of the position and serve our customer's needs.
- Proven training skills to conduct Continuing Education courses
- Persuasive and credible; able to influence without authority
- Business acumen: previous commercial experience is a plus
- Possesses strong understanding and knowledge of Infusion therapy, medication delivery and oncology.
- Communicates by telephone, e-mail and on-site with existing customer base for education, training and to maintain relationships with clinical counterparts
- Participates in trade shows to promote products
- Networks and participates in local, provincial and national chapter affiliations (i.e. CVAA,CANO,etc)
- Must be fully bilingual
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or equivalent
- Maintains license as a Registered Nurse in good standing with provincial nursing organization
- Works well on teams
- Has exceptional skills in:
-Verbal and written communication