The purpose of this role is to provide strategic & operational direction and leadership to the Sales and Marketing for the Business Unit in USA and its associated commercial and cross-functional teams.
Key responsibilities include establishing and driving US product strategies and plans to maximize the benefit to patients and customers and to optimize the value of the portfolio for the organization.
The Executive Director, Sales & Marketing, USA is accountable for delivery of agreed product metrics, including the commercial P&L and financial KPIs.
• Provide strategic & operational direction and leadership to the Sales and Marketing teams.
• Provide leadership to the creation and execution of the annual Marketing (brand plan, marketing programs and tactics) and Sales (key account management plans, education/awareness programs and tactics) plans to meet agreed product goals and revenues.
Ensure plans are developed, implemented and monitored in conjunction with relevant cross functional teams.
Identify and address US marketing issues/needs quickly and monitor progress.
• Accountable for delivering US Commercial P&L goals and other performance objectives & financial KPIs as agreed by Head of Canada.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers/KOL/Patient Advocacy/Wholesalers, etc.
• Lead the development of country-level forecasts (e.g. operating expense, revenue, patient dynamics, supply).
• Assess and recommend opportunities for US lifecycle management of the brands/ business unit to optimize brand growth and competitive edge. Oversee development of business cases for new business opportunities for the business unit.
• As a key stakeholder, manage, motivate, and develop the Sales and Marketing team for the business unit by setting clear objectives, effective coaching, evaluation and feedback on performance.
• In collaboration with the Head of Canada, and all other relevant functional teams to set annual sales targets, annual incentives, and reviewing progress vs. target.
• E nsure business unit team members are properly trained on the relevant product(s) and disease(s), sales techniques and CRM to excel in their respective role.
• Ensure all activities of the business unit comply with the organization’s Code of Conducts/Policies and the country Promotional Code.
• Ensure sales/marketing resources are adequate to ensure optimal competitive advantage on all commercial fronts and to achieve short, mid and long term revenue targets for the business unit.
• Manage all HR related issues in the business unit including discipline, reward, appraisal, setting standards, and ensuring any problems arising are resolved.
• Bachelor’s Degree of Life Science (or similar) or Business Administration, Master’s Degree preferred.
• At least 10 years-experience in Medical industry (wound healing preferred) of which significant number of years in leadership position. Pharmaceutical Hospital/specialty products) can be considered.
• Significant experience and track record of success in Regional Sales management and brand/product management – experience in business unit management preferred.
• Experience operating in a multi-national company and in a matrix organization.
• Understanding of commercial aspects of the business including brand management, sales planning and execution, market access, patient advocacy, regulatory environments and pricing, hospital formulary listing.
• Ability to leverage knowledge of marketplace, competitor landscape and economic forces and translate them into clear short term and long term strategies.
• Demonstrated success in the following key areas:
-P&L management / budget management.
-Identifying growth opportunities for a given product and driving an organization to capture value.
-Formulating and implementing effective marketing and sales strategies.
-Effectively working with cross-functional teams.
-Developing business cases to recommend and rationalize investments and other strategic actions
• Small to mid-size company experience preferred.
• Highly competent with PC (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power point) and CRM systems.