Assess and address HEOR needs for local data, studies, economic approach: to address HTA as well as payer and provider requirements; to maintain continuous relationship and awareness with health economic community and HE KOLs in order to access primary data; to support the launch of new products. • Prepare, submit and present economic evidence to provincial formularies, government agencies and third party insurance companies to ensure the successful achievement of commercial and market access objectives. Develop protocols and proposals for completion of economic studies per assigned budget. • Prepare abstracts / manuscripts of study results for publication / presentation. • Understand, adapt and populate quantitative models to local environment to demonstrate the economic impact and benefits of products at affiliate level and in connection with Global HEOR. • Act as core brand team member within brand teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives. Liaise with Market Access, Marketing, BI, Regulatory Affairs, Medical, etc, to ensure alignment. Provide pharmaco-economic local data to the brand team which demonstrate the value of brands and can support market access. • Lead strategic contribution to health economic plans for product responsibilities, brand strategic planning exercise and the NNLRP process. • Collaborate with the Medical department in development of HEOR / patient-reported outcome measures to incorporate into clinical trial programs. Customise technical data into simple compelling messages in the format required and appropriate for local stakeholders.
Skills: Ability to…
· Develop and adapt HEOR models locally to convince providers, payers and health technology assessors of the value of Abbott’s products.
· Understand and collect local health economic data to enhance HEOR models.
· Interpret and synthesize clinical data for incorporation into HEOR models.
· Develop recommendations for epidemiological and observational studies.
· Interpret pharmaco-economic data to assess its relevance to stakeholders and build into value messages.
· Analyse complex models and scientific data and draw out key messages. Detail oriented.
· Think strategically to understand how to position a value-story in the context of brand and affiliate strategy.
· Interface effectively with customers in order to deliver value messages and gather insights.
· Lead/manage multiple cross-functional projects with specific timelines.
· Communicate effectively, in order to facilitate internal information sharing and brand team working. Excellent written and verbal skills required.
· Collaborate with other MA functions and brand teams to collect and share insights to support the development of value propositions.
· Mentor newer members of the MA team, including Project Manager, HE.
· Development of economic protocols / proposals in collaboration with internal (e.g. Medical department) and external (e.g. academic, research organizations) experts.
· Pharmaco-economic principles / guidelines and methodological developments
· HTA requirements and processes in Canada.
· Market mechanics, healthcare policy and funding pathways.
· Payers’ mindset and motivations.
· Pharmaceutical pricing.
· Payer requirements for reimbursement of pharmaceuticals.