Our client, a renowned International manufacturer of medical/lab equipment is looking for a Product Manager based in Montreal. Reporting to the General Manager, this incumbent will be responsible for the management of all Marketing aspects of a successful commercialisation of the IT product line as well as the ongoing management of the other products (medical equipments) in Canada. This includes marketing strategies and tactics, existing and new literature, clinical documentation, sales tools, customer education to ensure programs are developed to attain sales and gross margin objectives.
- Develop marketing strategies, programs and promotional materials for use by the business unit to attain sales and gross margins.
- Assess market needs, provide direction for new product introduction, product line extensions and consolidation, and build brand awareness programs.
- Ensure educational and product training is scheduled on a regular basis for the sales force and in house department.
- Provide timely forecast information’s for all product lines.
- Review contract, tenders and RFP’s in order to recommend pricing strategies based on market conditions.
- Network and liaise with Global, US and international Marketing to ensure timely information and best practices sharing about market opportunities and customer feedback in order to better answer customer’s needs. Assemble all new product information for logistics and Product Data Integrity, including initial stocking, sales forecast, product pricing and descriptions.
- Code creation, preparation and maintenance including follow-up with US for logistics, finance, QA and Regulatory.
- Ensure the regulatory status of all new products introductions have been met and approved prior to official launch.
- Establish, maintain and monitor competitive products and activities including product and pricing cross -references information’s.
- Work with other department to ensure proper visibility at major conferences.
- Act as a product expert for product related inquiries and transfer product knowledge to increase sales as well as to help technical support group in solving problems related to products, instrument or services.
- Support field activities for product presentations, evaluation, conversions, etc
- Bachelor degree in Marketing or related
- 3-4 years’ experience in healthcare market in Sales, Marketing and /or Business Development
- Familiar with disease management, evidence base medicine and use of health economics
- Business acumen and excellent ability to analyse situations
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to adapt to change, to work through and resolve ambiguous situation
- Strong organizational skills/prioritizing skills.
- Very strong IT knowledge ideally in healthcare.
- Knowledge of laboratory workflow an asset.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) a strong asset.