Reporting to the Director, Commercialization, In-Vitro Diagnostics (IVD), the Key Account Manager, IVD manages the diagnostic sales and business in the prescribed territory to deliver set sales targets and objectives. They generate a growth in revenue by the acquisition of new customers and the proper management of the existing customer base. The KAM acts as an expert in the IVD industry to ensure high quality customer interaction and maintains an in-depth product and competitor knowledge to have the ability to present and advise on laboratory processes, technical specifications, and best practices. They work closely with the sales, marketing, and support teams to develop innovative approaches to grow the business.
- Build strong relationships with high-level executives and key clinical and procurement customer decision makers.
- Ensure a solid understanding of customer needs and sufficient communication of the value proposition of HLS Therapeutics' diagnostic products.
- Develop high quality, actionable strategic plans to effectively capture opportunities.
- Develop tactical action plans to execute strategies.
- Engage closely with and drive collaboration with diagnostic laboratories, corporate strategic account organization, and technical and service organizations to execute against opportunities.
- Effectively prioritize and manage time to allocate efforts across all business.
- Maintain existing and potential customer database and generate sales reports.
- Work collaboratively with all cross functional team members to ensure optimal communication and alignment of opportunities and priorities.
- Conduct regular visits to customers to ensure that the quality of our products and equipment is actively monitored, to gather feedback on orders and market conditions.
- Perform various objectives and projects as identified by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or related discipline
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Life Sciences, or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in IVD and device business. Experience in a clinical laboratory setting is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of the clinical chemistry market.
- Ability to deliver results and related tasks in the territory in line with key business objectives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to drive profitable sales growth at the account and territory level.
- Demonstrate customer focus, anticipating and responding to customer needs, following up promptly when necessary.
- Ability to uncover key business issues and make insightful and actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's licence.
- Willingness to travel as per business needs (50% to 75% in the designated territory)