Our client is looking for an Account Manager, Industry division (Food) for the Ontario region.
In this role you will have to:
- Maintain and grow the current customer base and create new business opportunities through the placement of instruments/equipments and reagents (consumables). The Account Manager is directly responsible for achieving the territory sales goals and maintaining existing customers within a territory.
- Build and maintain relationship in order to meet/exceed the annualized sales objectives (equipment, reagents and service).
- Actively manage pipeline to ensure timing of closes matches monthly and quarterly forecasts. Monitor monthly sales for accuracy and define action plans to account for shortage towards goal achievement.
- Ensure optimal territory management by maintaining a sufficient number of visits to customers and documenting all relevant activities/information into CRM 360 (Salesforce).
- Continuously improve on own sales skills & knowledge of the products, services and customers by working closely with sales management, marketing manager and more experienced sales representatives.
- Adopt a team approach, work with team in pursuing common goals.
- Provide technical expertise/assistance in product line as required in sales process.
- University degree in Business or Science
- Microbiology knowledge and/or knowledge of Food Quality Assurance and/or operations preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience with a proven track record, capital sale equipment preferred
- Have excellent sales skills and a history of proven sales success in complex projects (i.e: multi-instruments involving several stakeholders)
- Understanding of the sales process and sales analysis.
- Very good organization, people, and communication skills
- Excellent presenting skills to all levels of decision makers
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to develop financial proposals
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple opportunities within a strategic territory
- Strong capacity to influence