Our client, a North American Biotechnology company is looking for a Medical Advisor for its Canadian subsidiairy. The main responsibilities for thisposition is detailed below:
• Propose a medical strategy within the Brand Team and execute as defined in the Brand Plan.
• Build brand-aligned Medical activities, according to local resources and regulations.
• Provide expert medical input within the Brand Team & with all relevant functions.
• Play an active part within Brand Teams and identify opportunities to work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues to deliver on brand objectives.
• Sustain professional and credible relationships with KOLs/ academic centers and ensure that the medical value messages on the products/ areas of therapeutic interest are conveyed.
• Identify topics of interest among healthcare professionals and work with collaborative clinical groups to define Medical / scientific programs and activities including conducting Advisory Boards where appropriate.
• Develop awareness and understanding of competitor issues/ intelligence
• Co-manage national Clinical Education programs and ensure the validity of the scientific content.
• Manage local clinical/scientific programs in line with Brand Team and corporate requirements and ensure publication of the results of programs according to the brand publication plan.
EDUCATION REQUIRED FOR THE JOB:
• Graduate studies (ex.: , Ph.D., Pharm D., MD) - Medicine
• 3-5 years of experience in same position
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Canadian pharmaceuticals industry, which can be balanced against comparable professional (clinical/ scientific) experience in a relevant therapy area.
• Academic and professional scientific background, including 2-3 years’ experience of clinical & scientific research and/ or education programs.
• Demonstrated experience of managing clinical/ scientific programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing significant programs from start to finish (publication).