Reporting to the General Manager, the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) serves to advance science and standards of care for patients, healthcare providers and payers, and ensure they can access all the practical and clinically relevant information and solutions they need to improve the outcome. Territory : B.C. and Alberta.
This field-based role focus on medical and scientific engagement with the company’s stakeholders (including research and healthcare professionals, payers, and providers).The focus of this role is on interacting with, and supporting the needs of Tier 1 and 2 thought leaders. MSLs work to communicate information and facilitate dialogue about marketed products.
The MSL serves to enhance the scientific credibility of the Company with established and emerging National and Regional thought leaders, by supporting scientific dialogue and collaborations in the areas of research, medical and scientific exchange, including facilitation of requests for scientific and medical information. MSLs also participate in the initiation, oversight and follow-up of clinical studies or evaluations initiated within the Medical Department, ensuring that activities are carried out in accordance with relevant processes and procedures. They also interface with other key members of the affiliate medical department - for example: Medical Advisors, Clinical Research Managers and functions such as Health Economics and Outcomes Research, government affairs and others as appropriate. Works collaboratively and cross-functionally with other in-field members.
- Graduate studies: B. Sc (preferred M. Sc, Pharm. D., MD or Ph.D.)
- 3 to 5 years of experience as an MSL or 7+ as a Senior specialty representative (pharmaceutical industry)
- Experience: Infectious diseases / antibiotics (an asset)
- Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
- Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
- Excellent written and spoken communication (English) and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with thought leaders, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.
- High customer orientation, ie Patient centric
- Strong commitment to compliance with the relevant rules and procedures, and to scientific quality and integrity
- Available to travel within Western Canada and sometimes internationally