The Patient Support Liaison (PSL) is an integral part of the Customer Support Program (CSP) team, responsible for the coordination and delivery of services related to the patient support programs. The role involves supporting patients, nurses, physicians and other members of the Health Care team. Moreover, PSL will interact with other patient support individuals involved in the delivery of services (both internal and third party). The candidate will interact using web-based (virtual), telephony and in-person means of communication. The goal of the PSL is to partner with the Health Care team to deliver an unparalleled customer experience with the most personalized and patient-centered care possible to ensure the best patient outcomes.
- Liaise with physicians’ offices, service providers and other parties to provide comprehensive and coordinated service to patients, nurses, physicians, pharmacists and other allied HCPs;
- Perform HCP and patient enrolment activities according to program protocols and applicable departmental procedures;
- Provide patients with disease, product, and program information throughout the patient journey while patient is on our client’s medication;
- Follow the program protocols to ensure that the most appropriate next steps are scheduled to ensure continuity of service delivery to HCPs and patients;
- Process data entry activities of pertinent information received at different points of contact during the delivery of program services;
- Provide answers to general inquiries on program services, disease state or product related questions, based on information available as part of the program materials;
- Assess patient reimbursement status, help determine eligibility and introduce the available, patient reimbursement solutions for the relevant medication;
- Collect patient reimbursement information, support the completion of special authorization forms and transfer information to reimbursement specialist for investigations with private or public reimbursement payers;
- Report Safety Information, Product Quality Complaint, Medical Device Incident Reports, and Customer Feedback as per training on current procedures.
- Registered nurse (RN) diploma, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- Strong customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills required;
- Demonstrate professionalism and integrity, have a strong understanding of ethical rules and boundaries between roles of HCPs and pharmaceutical employees and ensure respect of confidentiality;
- Proficient in digital platforms (laptop, tablet, smart phone, email, databases, PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and open to newer evolving technology;
- Experience in Medication reimbursement investigation an asset;
- Strong team Player with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment;
- Organized with a high attention to detail;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in French & English.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends as needed;
- Ability to have a home-office and access to high speed internet service is a must.
- Must be able to travel within assigned territory by car and sometimes by plane/train if required (not frequent);