Our client, a global provider of life science research and clinical diagnostic products is looking for a Sales specialist, Instrumentation. Main customers are clinical laboratories as well as universities, medical schools, industrial research organizations, government agencies, etc. Territory: Quebec province. Travel: 25-30%.
- Responsible for the generation of new sales leads
- Demonstrates, sells products to customers. Trains customers after the sale and acts as a product information source.
- Regularly interacts with training and product managers and other team members to acquire a thorough knowledge of products.
- Gathers and communicates information from the field, especially as it relates to new opportunities and ideas for increasing sales, improving current products, and developing new products or markets.
- Along with his/her account team, builds a basic territory plan that consists of account and major product goals. Content should include major strategies, tactics and timelines.
- Functions as a field specialist in assigned product portfolio.
- Fluently bilingual in French and English
- Strong interpersonal, presentation skills with the ability to refocus customer objections. Strong closing skills a must.
- Proficiency at funnel management so that expected revenue is accurate for a given time period to help generate accurate forecasts for all products.
- Proven ability to organize and present industry seminars/lunch and learns.
- Minimum 3-5 years direct experience selling scientific instruments or software in an academic, government, or industrial environmental.
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Genetics or equivalent Life Science discipline (Master’s or advanced degrees Ph.D. preferred).