SENIOR BRAND MANAGER, Biopharmaceutical
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, the Senior Brand Manager will enrich the patient experience by becoming a core member of Brand Team, leading understanding of insights across Brand Team and developing the Patient Journey to focus Brand Team on delivery of patient-centric strategies
• Lead synthesis of insights from cross-functional teams to determine brand positioning and populate the Brand Plan Insights Chapter. • Coordinate market research and insights collection to inform the Patient Journey
• Facilitate and synthesize cross-stakeholder discussion to strengthen insights; collaborate with Brand Team colleagues to engage critical opinion leaders from all customer groups to ensure competitive positioning and market dynamics.
• Develop a robust and accurate Patient Journey, facilitating Brand Team workshops to secure input & cross-stakeholder viewpoints with a patient centric focus
• Propose Strategic Objectives for Brand Team review based on findings from the Patient Journey; challenge and critique all Brand Team strategies to ensure patient-centricity
• Become ‘guardian of the brand’ and bring the Brand Story to life by ensuring that all functional deliverables, including Marketing materials and campaigns ,remain consistent with branding and deliver emotional messages aligned to the Brand Story
• Optimize channel mix for Marketing and cross-functional campaigns; advise others on the optimal use of channels
• Identify where non-traditional partners can help meet Strategic Objectives; assess potential partners and manage collaborations
• Play an active role with the IFT by ensuring all in-field materials are aligned to Strategic Objectives of the Brand and a Brand Story is defined and consistently used/referenced by the Brand and In-Field Teams
• Implement segmentation with IFT, develop segment profiles and drive development of customized materials to each target segments
• Ensure Marketing team compliance with all appropriate division and statutory business and regulatory requirements, including Ethics, Compliance and Code of Business conduct procedures and protocols
• Develop and implement market analysis and forecasting, strategic plans (NNLRP) (short and long term), tactical plans, including tools and programs, sales force communication, plan and update presentations, KOL development, life cycle management planning, new product introductions, and coordinate administrative responsibilities.
• Develop and lead direct reports in the Marketing team; create succession plans
• Coach and mentor Brand Manager and Associate Brand Managers
• Bachelor of Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing or any related field
• Marketing experience, ideally a diverse blend of healthcare and especially biopharmaceutical•
• Experience in leading and developing people and building effective working relationships with a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders
• Sales experience (min. 2 years).
• HO development position or DM (min 3-4 years).
• Brand Manager position (min. 2 years)
• Bilingual (Advance in English and intermediate in French)
Knowledge and Experience :
• Champions patient empathy within the Brand Team/Marketing function, leading and embracing the need for a patient-centric approach while maintaining up-to-date insights for all customer and stakeholder types
• Empowers team members to take ownership of their work, effectively delegates and encourages cross functional fertilization
• Develops and nurtures innovation/ lateral thinking, able to identify the most appropriate solutions to complex problems
• Proactively addresses issues/proposals that impact product performance: is highly accountable and takes responsibility for performance monitoring