Our client is a successful and growing manufacturer, marketer and distributor of commercial-stage pharmaceutical products. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, the company’s headquarter is in Toronto, Canada.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis will be responsible for financial planning, management reporting and analysis for our group of companies. In addition, this role will oversee key projects and systems. The candidate will play a key role in the company’s finance organization and will have the opportunity to provide leadership and take on additional duties and responsibilities consistent with a growing, entrepreneurial organization.
- Provide financial support to the financial leadership team as a key business partner by providing financial analysis expertise that supports achievement of annual and strategic objectives.
- Generate product forecast models, regular forecast updates, sensitivity analysis and contingency planning and responsible for the annual and long-range financial planning cycle.
- Develop, prepare and distribute monthly and quarterly management reporting packages, including review and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Supply financial analysis and decision support to the leadership team for assessment of projects and management and optimization of departmental budgets.
- Manage key planning projects and related external vendors and supplier communications
- Key supporting roles in related areas related to customer and vendor data management and overseeing third-party relationships.
Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- MBA, accounting designation or other master’s degree or higher in related technical or business field of study preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant finance experience in a commercial setting required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, self-motivated and ability to multi-task and work autonomously
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate effectively with various groups and commitment to teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience in ERP systems, standard financial reporting and analysis packages and data management is required. (Familiarity with MS-NAV is an advantage.)
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
English required; bilingual (English/French) would be an asset
- The role will be office-based at the company’s Toronto office but remote work is possible up to 2 days a week.
- Willingness to travel as per business needs (limited)
On-line expense reporting system