The Area Sales Manager (ASM)main responsibility will be to optimize the sales representative knowledge, skills and activities to make them achieve and/or exceed their individual sales budget goals with respect of the Commercial Operations strategy. The ASM will also be responsible to expand and maintain C-Suite network.
In adition, the ASM will have to:
- Prepare and execute Sales Meetings with the Sales team. Perform regular one-on-one Sales Business Objectives meetings: review skills, activities, business pipeline and results. Plan the sales representative activities and the coaching development plan. Prepare sales forecasts.
- Build strong relationships with key strategic accounts within district.
- Review reports/budgets/time and overall effective and efficient time & territory management of all direct reports (updated & accurate usage of Impact, expenses, weekly phone-ins, sales pipelines, contracts, etc). Prepare detailed zone sales reports from field sales, analyze results and take corrective action to achieve sales targets.
- Build relevant sales training to result in increased sales as well as career & personal development. Develop knowledge and skills of each Account Manager (Sales Training during sales Meetings & individual Coaching during joint visits).
- Manage teams of sales reps (coach, develop, recruit).
- Ensure that the company quality procedures are followed by sales staff and that the company quality objectives are understood & respected
- Visit on a regular basis C-Suites of customers
- Bachelor of Science Degree and or in business (Management, Sales, Marketing).
- Minimum 3 years of commercial in-vitro diagnostic
- Canadian healthcare industry experience.
- Proven track record of results,
- Good knowledge of the InVitro Diagnostic business is a strong asset.
- Management skills: coach the sales reps team according to the principles of Effective Sales Planning & Sales Platform, ability to conduct motivational SBO meetings. Ability to develop a good understanding and integration of the selling process and sales tools (CRM Tool, Opéra, Tableau).
- Ability to collect, analyze markets & customers trends, forecast trends and define the adaptive local strategies when necessary
- Mastery in the selling process and sales tools (CRM Tool, Opéra, Tableau).
- Ability to develop and coach a sales team.
- Initiate and drive execution, lead, propose and implement improvements.
- Foster a collaborative approach and environment